MINOTAURE

User avatar
Henk
Posts: 22875
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:23 pm
Location: Breskens

MINOTAURE

Post by Henk » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:51 pm

MINOTAURE
1957 - 1958
Societé de Remorquage et de Sauvetage "Les Abeilles" - Le Havre
Build 1918 at Ferguson Brothers Ltd. – Port Glasgow (238)
53,35 x x 10,39 x 5,46 x m
890 grt (other source 739 grt)
2x 3 cylinder Triple Expansion from the yard
2.400 ihp
In the fleet in 1957 named MINOTAURE from Compagnie Générale Transatlantique – Le Havre
Sold In January 1958 for scrap to Fa. Van Heyghen - Gent (other source Jos de Smedt - Burcht) and March 1958 broken up

Build as ROLLCALL for Royal Navy.
In 1922 renamed ROMSEY by Alexandra Towing Comp. – Liverpool.
In 1929 renamed MINOTAURE by Compagnie Générale Transatlantique – Le Havre.
In June 1940 seized by Deutsche Kriegsmarine at Bordeaux.
From June 1942 in ferry service between Channel Islands
26-06-1944 sunk by a British MTB between Saint Hélier and Saint Malo and beached at Dinard.
In 1947 raised, repaired and back to the owner.
In service February 1948.

No picture available
Henk de Winde

Return to “Les Abeilles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest