Friends of TS Queen Mary

For all things Clyde-related
mcmahos
Site Admin

Friends of TS Queen Mary

Post by mcmahos » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:56 pm

A Trust has been set up with the aim to return TS Queen Mary to a permanent berth on the Clyde. The project actually is quite far advanced, as they undertook a lot of work last year, before recently "going public". They have a technical team in place and a board of Trustees that includes the former director general of SPT. The project is - at every level - realistic.

They do need support and awareness though and are offering subscriptions at £2/month. Every additional subscription will help them fund their first project viz. a series of educational talks that is tentatively scheduled to start in May. Subscriptions will also help fund a second appeal, which will be a public appeal to acquire original items from the ship, which then will form the core of a collection. The monthly subscription also gets membesr a quarterly newsletter, with exclusive pictures, content from leading Scottish master mariners and up to date information about the activities of the Charity.

Their website, which explains a bit more about the Trust and the project, can be found at http://www.friendsoftsqueenmary.org although an alternative domain is hoped to be set up in due course.
rothesay-1974.jpg
TS Queen Mary
rothesay-1974.jpg (57.58 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

millfield153a

Re: Friends of TS Queen Mary

Post by millfield153a » Tue May 14, 2013 7:51 pm

There's now another website: http://thequeenmary.co.uk/

Return to “CLYDE”