Request for information

For all things Clyde-related
Glasgowman

Request for information

Post by Glasgowman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:35 am

Does anyone have records which would identify the Ugland tanker (red hull and green upperworks) which arrived on the Clyde for Finnart around lunchtime on 4th September 2004.

Can't quite make out the name on a photo I have and I have tried all the combinations of what it looks like it might be without any confirmation from the web.

I'm sure someone, somewhere will know - its just knowing where to look.

It would be so good if ALL History from the years of the active Clydesite could just be added to what ClydeMaritime has achieved - what a reference tool that would be!

Charles

IanT

Re: Request for information

Post by IanT » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:26 am

Charles I think the Ugland tanker you are looking for is the EVITA she was at Fawley fully loaded on the 12th. September 2004 there is a photo on shipspotting to confirm, hope this info helps in your search.

Regards
Ian Thomas
Ian Thomas

_on_the_clyde_

Post by _on_the_clyde_ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:39 am

You can make a request to Clydeport and they will check the port records for you.

Clydeport Operations Limited
Marine Department
Greenock Ocean Terminal
Patrick Street
Greenock PA16 8UU

Glasgowman

Post by Glasgowman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:29 am

Thanks very much for the quick responses and help. Ian, Evita is the one. The narrower funnel and the unusual structure (for this family of tankers) in the middle of the deck is good confirmation. I'm sure when I go back to the photo with Evita in mind the distorted pixels will all just fall into place!!

Great website with great members as always

Charles

Return to “CLYDE”