SHIPSFAN

MV HERTFORDSHIRE,SAILING INTO AYR.

Post by SHIPSFAN » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:32 pm

THE 1995 BUILT 1,864GRT HERTFORDSHIRE SAILING INTO AYR TONIGHT, BRIAN
2.jpg

Angus Mac Kinnon

Re: MV HERTFORDSHIRE,SAILING INTO AYR.

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:58 pm

Great shot there, Maestro, I was down but my timing was 'el crappo' - called at that nice Waterfront Restaurant at the top end of South Harbour Street and, just as the sweet was being served, I saw Frances looking over my shoulder and she said "That's your ship just coming in" Shockarooney - so it was, knew it was her as I saw the green hull. Oh, well, can't get them all. Recommend that restaurant, though, quite excellent ! Then spent a good half hour trying to get a photograph of a very unusual and large bird that was almost certainly a heron - but am no expert so photo would have been handy as the Webmaster is very well up on his burds - but don't tell his Missus !
Angus Mac Kinnon

Malim Sahib

Post by Malim Sahib » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:01 pm

This one is owned by Bibby Line, hence the name - one of their dabbles in the short sea market.
Regards,

Jim

yorkieman

Post by yorkieman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:37 am

Think she is the sole one of this type in their fleet, seems odd to enter the market with just one but she has been running for a few years now.
Still the oldest (?) British shipping company, I think.
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

SHIPSFAN

Post by SHIPSFAN » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:59 pm

Angus Mac Kinnon wrote:Great shot there, Maestro, I was down but my timing was 'el crappo' - called at that nice Waterfront Restaurant at the top end of South Harbour Street and, just as the sweet was being served, I saw Frances looking over my shoulder and she said "That's your ship just coming in" Shockarooney - so it was, knew it was her as I saw the green hull. Oh, well, can't get them all. Recommend that restaurant, though, quite excellent ! Then spent a good half hour trying to get a photograph of a very unusual and large bird that was almost certainly a heron - but am no expert so photo would have been handy as the Webmaster is very well up on his burds - but don't tell his Missus !
EATING AGAINNNN,,NOT EVEN A BAG O CHIPS BROUGHT DOWN FOR ME ?? 1 THINK THE BURD YOUR TALKING ABOUT IS THE HERON THERE WAS 2 AT 1 POINT BUT ONLY SEE 1 SO FAR THIS YEAR,, THEY WONT START MV HERTFORDSHIRE TILL MON THATS IF THE WEATHER IS OK, SHES IN WITH SODA ASH, THE DYNA BULK SHOULD SAIL AT 16.30 TONIGHT, BRIAN

Return to “CLYDE”