MV RED PRINCESS, AT TROON WITH HER FIRST CARGO.

For all things Clyde-related
SHIPSFAN

MV RED PRINCESS, AT TROON WITH HER FIRST CARGO.

Post by SHIPSFAN » Wed May 28, 2014 8:26 pm

MV PRINCESS, SAILING BACK INTO TROON TONIGHT WITH HER FIRST CARGO OF LOGS FROM ARDRISHAIG LOOKING VERY GOOD, GOOD LUCK TO THE TROON TUG CO WITH HER, BRIAN
12.jpg

yorkieman

Re: MV RED PRINCESS, AT TROON WITH HER FIRST CARGO.

Post by yorkieman » Thu May 29, 2014 8:18 am

Nice one Brian, pity about the flag on her stern though!
What is her ex name / history?
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

Angus Mac Kinnon

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Thu May 29, 2014 9:59 am

SHIPSFAN wrote:MV PRINCESS, SAILING BACK INTO TROON TONIGHT WITH HER FIRST CARGO OF LOGS FROM ARDRISHAIG LOOKING VERY GOOD, GOOD LUCK TO THE TROON TUG CO WITH HER, BRIAN
12.jpg

They have made a nice job of her, Brian, she should be renamed M.V. 'Pride of Troon', i.e. Taylor-made!

Angus
Angus Mac Kinnon

Angus Mac Kinnon

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Thu May 29, 2014 11:02 am

yorkieman wrote:Nice one Brian, pity about the flag on her stern though!
What is her ex name / history?

She was built in 1970 by the Saavas Shipyard of Eleusis, Greece, to a Passenger Lending Craft design. 498 GRT and 64.1 metres x 13.7 metres x 2.0 metres dimensionally. Her flag is the Leeward Islands Saint Kitts & Nevis flag (Federation of) and therefore her Port of Registration is probably Besseterre.

However, that will soon be changing to Troon & Eriskay ..... just as soon as Brian gets around to it.

In her time she has provided service as a bulk carrier and before that as a car ferry.

She has been based mainly in the Mediterranean as far as I know, and previous names included M.V. MIHALAKIS (until 2010) and M.V. SPASIA (until 2014).

That's all I know of her provenance, I'm afraid.

Troonite
Angus Mac Kinnon

SHIPSFAN

Post by SHIPSFAN » Thu May 29, 2014 2:26 pm

FORGOT TO ADD THIS ONE WHEN DOING THE OTHER, MV RED PRINCESS GOING INTO BERTH AT PORLAND QUAY(THE OLD FITTING OUT WALL FOR AILSA SHIPYARD) STILL LOOKING INTO HER PAST GEORGE WILL LET YOU KNOW IN TIME WHAT ELSE I FIND, I GOT A COPY OF THE NEW BOOK ON RIX SHIPPING SENT TO ME YESTERDAY IT SURE IS A VERY GOOD BOOK,, BRIAN
22.jpg

yorkieman

Post by yorkieman » Thu May 29, 2014 4:25 pm

Thanks for details Angus, seems an unusual one to come to UK waters but looks good for the job.
Hoist the Republic of Eriskay flag (no need for a referendum, just declare it from your front door step) and it can stay as Basseterre as the island is a bit vertically challenged I believe .... but all the better for it, I hasten to add, being the undoubted jewel of the Hebrides.
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

Return to “CLYDE”