A few simple rules and "How-to" articles to get the best from our site
NZSCOTTY

Post by NZSCOTTY » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:37 am

Just been put onto this site by an old friend - ex Greenock/Gourock boy and know there are a few other mates who look in.

John Cassels

Re: New Member

Post by John Cassels » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Good you made it John.

Think we are in the minority here as most of the members seem to know each other from
another site.

NZSCOTTY

Post by NZSCOTTY » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:40 am

Not sure what you mean John - but I am sure they will let us in - maybe not you but I am ex Greenock Academy!!!!!!!!!!!

alasdairmac

Post by alasdairmac » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:02 am

Kiwis are most welcome guys. Glad to have you on board. Yes, we are a sort of successor to another site which has gone off air, temporarily or permanently we don't know, and many of us know each other from there. We've got members from the Netherlands, Canada, USA, Gibraltar, Spain, Australia and elsewhere around the world. We've also got the odd one (and believe me they are an odd bunch (ducks for cover!) from around the Greenock area and other places south of the river.

We'll look forward to hearing from you of what's going on down in the antipodes and maybe seeing some photographs.

Again. welcome

NZSCOTTY

Post by NZSCOTTY » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:23 pm

Thanks Alisdair for your welcome. Good to see a site which can remind me of "home". Even though I am now a Kiwi I keep my British passport current!

peter sommerville

Post by peter sommerville » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:37 am

Just because you now have a funny accent your still a "Jock" John - look forward to your satirical comments ! John C tried to get onto the old site bit gave up - this one is a lot easier to register with.
Be seeing you although not sure when. next years planned Kiwi trip is on hold due mainly to expected baby minding.

All the best
Peter

John Cassels

Post by John Cassels » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Peter , his accent pretty well the same though influenced in direct proportion to the amount of lubrication consumed.

He's aging well though !!. Can't keep a good Gourockian down , even on the far side of the world.

Henk

Post by Henk » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Laughing boys! Everybody seems to be welcome in this world! Even me: a dark looking Dutchman with friends and enamies all over the world!
So: welcome on board fellows and have as much fun as I have! :lol:
Henk de Winde

John Cassels

Post by John Cassels » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks yr.welcome Henk. Sure we will both enjoy ourselves.

Bye the bye , Breskens is not too far from us.

NZSCOTTY

Post by NZSCOTTY » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Go and see him John and you can both talk double Dutch

charverz

Post by charverz » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:47 am

alasdairmac wrote:Kiwis are most welcome guys. Glad to have you on board. Yes, we are a sort of successor to another site which has gone off air, temporarily or permanently we don't know, and many of us know each other from there. We've got members from the Netherlands, Canada, USA, Gibraltar, Spain, Australia and elsewhere around the world. We've also got the odd one (and believe me they are an odd bunch (ducks for cover!) from around the Greenock area and other places south of the river.

We'll look forward to hearing from you of what's going on down in the antipodes and maybe seeing some photographs.

Again. welcome
Glad to see I'm not the only Canuck. My great uncle was born in Glasgow, though.

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:30 am

Welcome on board, Canuck. I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

charverz

Post by charverz » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:59 am

mcmahos wrote:Welcome on board, Canuck. I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Return to “READ ME FIRST”