ClydeMaritime on your Mobile phone - Tapatalk app

Info about the site
mcmahos
Site Admin

ClydeMaritime on your Mobile phone - Tapatalk app

Post by mcmahos » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:14 pm

I've enabled a little plugin which lets you view and use the forum using a mobile app called TAPATALK. It is available for most smart phones - iPhone, Android and Blackberry, and will hopefully improve the viewing experience for mobile users. Download link is http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php

Whilst the app is not free (£1.99 on iPhone - not sure about the others),if you log in to the forum with your usual username/password it lets you view the posts, add pictures, view attachments just as on a computer. Another advantage is that you can view numerous other online forums with the same app. I've been trying it for the past few days and it seems pretty good.

Let me know of any thoughts / issues. Can't promise to resolve them as it's a third party plugin.
t_ws_banner_logo.png
t_ws_banner_logo.png (14.42 KiB) Viewed 2971 times
Stuart
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

alasdairmac

Re: ClydeMaritime on your Mobile phone - Tapatalk app

Post by alasdairmac » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:25 am

looks good Stuart. certainly a lot better than via phone web browser. £1.99 for android as well.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

yorkieman

Post by yorkieman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:17 am

Does it work on a £16.50 Tesco mobile please? :roll:
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:19 am

On a per month contract perhaps and smartphone etc :) Not your biannual spend on operator connection fees!!!!
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

alasdairmac

Post by alasdairmac » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:20 am

Not in Yorkshire George. You just stick to smoke signals like the good folks of Troon do. :evil:

yorkieman

Post by yorkieman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:23 pm

Thanks, I think I will remain as an 'app'less sort of bloke, not really feeling the need to log into CM while in the veg isle of Morrisons. Anyway I still have £9.35 in credit to last me until next June ..... just off to pick some Blackberries now.
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

Angus Mac Kinnon

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:55 pm

You are a sad shower with your fancy-dan 'smart-y pants' phones, i-pads, heli-pads, aye-aye fones, haemeroids, blue-berries, black-berries, red-berries, etc .... I'm with good old-fashioned Yorkieman who rigidly maintains olde worlde traditions and distances himself from these cheap tacky modern gizzmos that add zero quality to life and diminish intellectual dialogue to the realms of history and memory.

Personally, I think this is the elderly personages' way of trying too cling desperately on to their rapidly fading youth, in fact I often wonder if, when we reach that advanced age and state of decreptitude whether masel and George-the-Freeman might not be moved to navigate a similar course ? :o

I will desist any form of retaliation at that malicious comment on Troon, smoke signals, and the like ..... I just hope the incumbent has a convenient tyre repair/replacement centre in close proximity to his home address ......

Was on the enchanted Island from Friday to Monday. Returned on Monday afternoon. Two hours after arrival in Troon, was off again to the local Hospital, emergency case, admitting Frances whose heart problem had come back with a vengeance. Straight into the Coronary Care Unit, full routine of checks and tests, until they established problem and got her sorted the following day. She got home today and almost back to norm. To ensure she takes it really easy from here on in I have left the vacuum cleaner out in the hall, the ironing table in position and iron plugged in, etc, so that should make a difference. (In reality, she scared the life out of us, she was not in a good place at all on Monday and thank God she has responded to the treatment)
Angus Mac Kinnon

yorkieman

Post by yorkieman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:32 pm

Good evening Ancient Muse of the Isles, we are indeed of like mind if not like language.
These steam horses will never catch on, you know ......

Four days on the Enchanted Isle cannot possibly be in any way connected to the sudden malaise of the saintly Frances .... quite a shock and I'm sure everyone wishes her well and for a permanent recovery .... in the meantime she should relax and enjoy the balmy airs of Troon, sipping a cool drink whilst directing the household chores which you will no doubt perform with your customary alacrity, diligence, style and finesse.
All the best to you and all the Mac(space)Kinnons.
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

alasdairmac

Post by alasdairmac » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Angus. sorry to hear about Frances. Hope she is on the mend and plse give her our best wishes

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:36 pm

Glad Frances is on the mend. Mind you, I wouldn't leave the iron plugged in - it could catch fire and cause even more smoke signals :)

Angus Mac Kinnon

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Thanks for good wishes - she is well on the mend, although with someone of my astonishingly good looks and natural charms you can understand why her heart races and misses the odd beat or two ..... :roll: :lol:
Angus Mac Kinnon

yorkieman

Post by yorkieman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:41 am

..... you'll have to stop chasing her round the garden, then :lol:

Back to this Tapatalk thingy, I'm sure Samuel Morse had a go at that years back, and now who uses it, no-one, point made!
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

Angus Mac Kinnon

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:11 am

Tap-a-Talk ? I've tapped a fiver on the odd occasion, but never a 'talk' ! But, you are right as always, Elderly Feathered One, old Sam-the-Tap thought he had cracked it and now look where we've got to. That fellah has a lot to answer for though, I recall when back in the old days, when struggling to tune into the Scottish Home Service or Luxemburg, if it wasn't Lord Haw-haw gabbing on it was dot-dot-crackle-dash-dot-crackle-in the background. I tell you, it was that bad the hens and the sheep used to clear out the house and take to the machair ........ they were prepared to tolerate Jimmy Shand or Tommy Darkie but the snap-crackle-pop was a no-no :cry:
Angus Mac Kinnon

davidwat

Post by davidwat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Glad to know Frances is on the mend, Angus, it must have been very worrying for you all.
david watson

Return to “Housekeeping”