Planned server outage

Info about the site
mcmahos
Site Admin

Planned server outage

Post by mcmahos » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:19 pm

Hi there

There will hopefully be a short, but planned, outage of around 15-30 minutes at 0100 on Wed 30th November 2016 to allow for a server upgrade to take place.

I'm not expecting any issues with this, but it's in the hands of the tech support guys. All my sites will be affected. If there are any issues, I'll try and get them resolved as quickly as possible tomorrow morning. If there's anything major I'll put a message out on twitter or facebook.

Thanks

Stuart
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

mcmahos
Site Admin

Re: Planned server outage

Post by mcmahos » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:56 pm

All seems to have gone well. Essentially I was upgrading the capacity of the server to a bigger disk as the old one was starting to creak at the seams and also needed some backend software updated.

Stuart
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:00 pm

There be another bit of downtime today as part of the server upgrade, whilst files are transferred to the new server. I'll try and get the work scheduled overnight, but there is a chance that some posts may not appear, or be lost depending on the timing of it all. I don't wasn't to put the forum into a lengthy maintenance mode if I can avoid it.

Stuart

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:54 am

test

Henk

Post by Henk » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:37 am

Hi Stuart,
All yesterdays pictures placed are gone!
Henk
Henk de Winde

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi Henk

Yes - unfortunately, any posts made between approx yesterday (Tuesday) lunchtime and this morning were lost. Essentially, the tech support guys had transferred the original site files onto the new, bigger server yesterday, but I wasn't able to test/verify the new site until late last night, and there were some database errors which took a bit longer for them to resolve. So anything posted in that period was lost. I should have put the site into maintenance mode to stop any postings, but was hoping it would be online a bit quicker. Could have been worse. It's taken all day to get the offsite backups properly configured as well.

All I will say though is that the tech support folks have been excellent - I might be paying a bit more for everything, but it's worth it.

Stuart

Henk

Post by Henk » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:41 pm

No Problem Stuart, I will place them again in one of these days. I still have them in my collection!
Give the guys a pint or two...... :beer: :beer:
Henk
Henk de Winde

Return to “Housekeeping”