Forum Timeclock

Info about the site
mcmahos
Site Admin

Forum Timeclock

Post by mcmahos » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 pm

It has come to my attention that some users are seeing the forum postings timestamp as being 1 hour ahead of what it should be. As far as I can ascertain at present the forum software doesn't automatically detect Daylight Saving Time which had been switched on by default. I have switched it off, but from what I've read so far, individual users will need to go into their User Control Panel, then Board Settings and select your correct timezone, and untick the Daylight Saving Time option there as well.

Not an ideal set up I admit. I believe there may be a patch available to alter this lack of functionality in the software but it will need to wait for a few weeks until I get time to test it and investigate the issue further.

Stuart
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

mcmahos
Site Admin

Re: Forum Timeclock

Post by mcmahos » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:55 am

I still haven't resolved this issue, but there is a module available which may fix it, but if the time is showing as 1 hour out, individual users will need to go into their User Control Panel, then Board Settings and select your correct timezone, and tick /untick the Daylight Saving Time option.

Stuart
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

Return to “Housekeeping”