Server updates

Info about the site
admin
Site Admin

Server updates

Post by admin » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Hi there

There may be a short period of downtime over the coming days as my server hosts are migrating from cpanel to Interworx behind the scenes, but in order to do this they need to provision a new VPS server and transfer all content over. In theory everything should just transfer over smoothly, but, the best laid plans etc...

I don't know when this migration will take place as they've quite a lot of customers doing the same (cpanel have drastically increased their charges, hence the demand for migrations). So bear with me whilst this is ongoing.

The main ClydeMaritime site was also starting to play up and has crashed a few times over the past week - don't know the cause, but because it was running a really old version of drupal that is no longer supported, I'm now in the middle of migrating it over to Wordpress with a slightly different look and feel, but the main items such as the arrivals and departures are all there and working. That hopefully will go live in the next few days, with ongoing tweaks after that.

Cheers, Stuart
My Flickr site
My website: md93.co.uk
My blog: longtail.co.uk

admin
Site Admin

Re: Server updates

Post by admin » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:27 pm

Still waiting on the server to be transferred / upgraded - no indication as to when that will happen yet.

As of tonight though, the main clydemaritime.co.uk site has been swapped over on to the new wordpress-driven site. Everything looks as though it's ok. Should certainly be more stable and shouldn't crash. The only item that I'm needing to check and update manually are the X-Lighter entries as they didn't migrate properly.

Stuart
My Flickr site
My website: md93.co.uk
My blog: longtail.co.uk

Return to “Housekeeping”