Posts going missing

Info about the site
mcmahos
Site Admin

Re: Posts going missing

Post by mcmahos » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:11 pm

By 'Active Posts' I'm assuming you mean the 'View New Posts' link at the top of the page? If so, then that only shows new posts since you last viewed the forum. In your example - I saw the 'new posts' earlier this morning, but as I've viewed them, and there's been no new posts since 9.51am it's dropped off the new posts list that I've just looked at.

The posts aren't missing as far as I can see.
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Short answer. Don't know. Let me look into it - I've never used the active topics menu (and din't actually realise it was there!)
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Amazing what a hammer and screwdriver can fix . . .

A quick look at the forum permissions showed that Active Topics was switched off for the Clyde Board (but was on on the others). I've now put it on - let me know if that makes a difference.

Return to “Housekeeping”