Test Posting

A place to let off steam - anything goes - well, almost!
Angus Mac Kinnon

Test Posting

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Inaugural posting trial by the Eriskean from sunny Troon-sur-le-mer !
Angus Mac Kinnon

admin
Site Admin

Re: Test Posting

Post by admin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:46 pm

Welcome aboard, Sir!

Kitchenhand's quarters can be found on Deck 2 (next to the engine room door)

:) :lol:
My Flickr site
My website: md93.co.uk
My blog: longtail.co.uk

Barry Watson

Post by Barry Watson » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:25 am

It would be nice to stick to our real names. Easier to ID ex members of Clydesite plus it feels more proper.

Barry

Robin Copland

Post by Robin Copland » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:28 am

Now - when I was talking about the bottom line in an earlier contribution at another place, what I was meaning was - is there an alternative, before you jump?

This provides the alternative. A huge "well done", Stuart, Angus, my Waverley drinking buddy (well - one of them!), Alasdair and anyone else whom I have missed out.

On another topic, one of the concerns I have with Clydesite is the relative difficulty of finding learned pieces about this and that. Looks like that is covered on this site.

It will be interesting to see if the likes of Ali Black, Stewart Cameron, John Crae, John Newth, big Gregor and all of the others who for various reasons left the Clydesite can be persuaded to renew old friendships. It would be good if they returned to the new fold.

Of course, like all things, there needs to be the word of warning: most of these guys left because of disagreements with Bruce re moderation. If you recall, he extended, as he saw it, the hand of friendship to one particular person whe seemed to make a habit of annoying people in various ways. The rod for your backs will be that issue, I suspect.

These are worries for the future: the important thing is that you have provided an alternative site. This isn't a lifeboat; this is an ocean liner. I'll leave it to the rest of you to argue whether it's a Cunarder, a Clan, a Ben, a Union Castle, or a Clyde steamer. For me - has to be the old Duchess of Hamilton!

valeman

Post by valeman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:56 am

Well done to all. Graham
Graham Lappin

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks, Robin.

Yes, it would be nice if usernames were easily identifiable, but sadly that's in the hands of the individuals when registering. Can I ask everyone though, if possible, to go to your User Control Panel and fill in as much of your profile as you are comfy with - I appreciate not everyone wishes to divulge all their deepest secrets.

Stuart
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

yorkieman

Post by yorkieman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:19 am

You can add a signature under Profile to show your real, preferred or familiar identity from the old site.
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

Angus Mac Kinnon

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:38 am

[quote="Robin Copland"]

It will be interesting to see if the likes of Ali Black, Stewart Cameron, John Crae, John Newth, big Gregor and all of the others who for various reasons left the Clydesite can be persuaded to renew old friendships. It would be good if they returned to the new fold.

The first, second and fifth on your wish-list now fulfilled, just the third and fourth mentioned to secure now then it'll be "Let go, for'd, let go aft .... Slow Ahead ......." :D
Angus Mac Kinnon

Robin Copland

Post by Robin Copland » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Aye - good news indeed.

I am looking forward to more of Stewart's postings and musings as the weeks progress. I mention his name because I see he has posted a picture already this morning. Gregor and Ali were also good value of course as were John's pictures and the other John's thoughts. Both have their own sites, of course and it is always worthwhile having the odd peek! John Newth is a regular contributor on the Ships of Calmac forum as well of course.

Good, good!

Return to “FOGHORN”