Jim Pottinger : Send us da dosh .......

A place to let off steam - anything goes - well, almost!
Angus Mac Kinnon

Jim Pottinger : Send us da dosh .......

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Jim :

Got one of these genuine-looking messages purporting to be from yourself.

It tells how you were attacked and duffed up in Manila when on holiday, lost you wallet, credit cards, cash, etc... and, with a flight back home booked for tomorrow morning, could I ugently remit 1,500 pounds which would be repaid immediately after return, etc, etc, etc. ? :(

Just to let you know.

Angus
Angus Mac Kinnon

duncanwilson

Re: Jim Pottinger : Send us da dosh .......

Post by duncanwilson » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:31 pm

These messages are being sent around with increasing frequency.I have been advised not to answer them under any circumstances.I think you would maybe have to change your password more often.

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Got one as well. Went straight to the bin. I noted though it came from a live.com email address which is not Jim's regular one as far as I am aware. Like Duncan, seen a few of these recently, and you'd be advised to change the password to something pretty strong if it has come from an account you use.
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

yorkieman

Post by yorkieman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:35 am

I got one last year purporting to be from some bloke in Eriskay, heart-rending tale about falling off a ladder and needed £200 to get home, the cheek of some folk ......
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

Angus Mac Kinnon

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 am

yorkieman wrote:I got one last year purporting to be from some bloke in Eriskay, heart-rending tale about falling off a ladder and needed £200 to get home, the cheek of some folk ......

Couldn't have been that heart-rending, you monkey, never got a bean, and besides, it was only £160 I asked for, car + 2 adults, Calmac bargain. :cry:
Angus Mac Kinnon

Return to “FOGHORN”