North of the Border Sourjourn

A place to let off steam - anything goes - well, almost!
Patrick Hill

North of the Border Sourjourn

Post by Patrick Hill » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Just returned to Hull after after a brief foray North to stock up on our supplies of Haggis. 8-) Intention was to stay in Moffat (where we acquire the aforementioned Haggii) - but as we had time took a little detour and ventured to Ayr. This was a non-ship-photographic trip but we both loved the sea-front at Ayr and will definitely return :D , with perhaps a peramble up the coast to Irvine (where I have been before). After a quick Ice-cream on the sunny but cold sea-front it was back inland via the very scenic A70 and M74 to Moffat, just in time to get the HaggiI and some Scotch Pies. Then this morning I managed to get a bottle of Old Pulteney Liqueur that I've been promising myself for long enough then spent a small fortune on produce from the local suppliers market. :roll: Hopefully it won't be another year before our return.

yorkieman

Re: North of the Border Sourjourn

Post by yorkieman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Don't forget the perpetually sunny Troon-sur-Mer next time Patrick, bookings taken for Spring holidays, AWOL guaranteed by Angus.
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

Al Black

Post by Al Black » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:45 pm

Patrick Hill wrote:Just returned to Hull after after a brief foray North to stock up on our supplies of Haggis. 8-) Intention was to stay in Moffat (where we acquire the aforementioned Haggii) - but as we had time took a little detour and ventured to Ayr. This was a non-ship-photographic trip but we both loved the sea-front at Ayr and will definitely return :D , with perhaps a peramble up the coast to Irvine (where I have been before). After a quick Ice-cream on the sunny but cold sea-front it was back inland via the very scenic A70 and M74 to Moffat, just in time to get the HaggiI and some Scotch Pies. Then this morning I managed to get a bottle of Old Pulteney Liqueur that I've been promising myself for long enough then spent a small fortune on produce from the local suppliers market. :roll: Hopefully it won't be another year before our return.
If visiting Moffat, I can highly recommend a steak at the Buccleuch Arms Hotel. Absolutely wonderful meal, very comfortable bar and dining room, friendly and efficient staff, reasonably priced. Who can ask for more?
Greenock by birth, Gourock by the Grace of God! :)

Patrick Hill

Post by Patrick Hill » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:50 am

Al Black wrote:
If visiting Moffat, I can highly recommend a steak at the Buccleuch Arms Hotel. Absolutely wonderful meal, very comfortable bar and dining room, friendly and efficient staff, reasonably priced. Who can ask for more?
The BnB we stayed at had a discount voucher for there - we had a look in but they had a big party on and couldn't seat us until 9pm. Agreed the bar was nice - though limited beer range. As we were rather hungry and tired we went across the road to the Balmoral - Mrs had a nice T-bone and I had the lamb.

Return to “FOGHORN”