Fairfield Heritage Project

For posting information on Clyde Shipbuilders and listings of the ships they built
Deepol

Fairfield Heritage Project

Post by Deepol » Thu May 24, 2012 5:27 am

This is a project under the auspices of Govan Workspace to create a heritage space on shipbuilding in Govan within the management offices in the Fairfield shipyard building in Govan which is being renovated at the moment and will be eventually let out as commerial office space.
They are very keen to gather anything concerning the yard over its history so if anyone has any memorabilia or can help in any way either drop me a PM or have a look at the website

http://www.fairfieldgovan.org.uk/herita ... her-ships/
Attachments
FairfieldAerialView.jpg
Paul Strathdee

Deepol

Re: Fairfield Heritage Project

Post by Deepol » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:19 am

Well, here it is-the Fairfield building will be open to the public on a Mini Doors Open Day on Wednesday 23rd July from 10-4. The entire office building at 1048 Govan Road has now been restored to provide office accommodation and a Heritage Centre that is free for the public to visit.
This event will be an opportunity for visitors to see the full extent of the building’s refurbishment. I was at the preview the other evening and I've attached a small taster of what can be seen in the Heritage Centre on the First Floor. Well worth a visit and it should open regularly in the afternoons following Doors Open Day. What I've shown is of course only a small part of the displays charting the history of the yard through good and bad times from Elder's to BAe Systems.
IMG00581.jpg
Beautiful model in the Board Room of Lahn built for Norddeutscher Lloyd.
IMG00573.jpg
Painting from Circassia's trials photo.
IMG00585-2.jpg
Sea Launch Commander
Paul Strathdee

Deepol

Post by Deepol » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Some interesting talks which are being held between now and the end of the year. Places can be booked, phone number in black square on left.
FairfieldHeritageTalks-10622951_701903993196020_6855342707075896696_n.jpg
Paul Strathdee

Deepol

Post by Deepol » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:25 am

Paul Sweeney from BAE Systems has offered to give a special tour of the Fairfield building at 2pm this Saturday July 11th if anyone would like to come and hear more about the yard and shipbuilding today. Take advantage of the free Govan ferry and come along to Fairfield Heritage on Govan Road which will be open 1-4pm this Saturday and every Saturday in July and August.
Paul Strathdee

Return to “Clyde Shipbuilders”