Puffer Crew info

A place for any requests for help and information in tracing relatives, ships, etc
blacknessgaffer

Puffer Crew info

Post by blacknessgaffer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi
Im new on the site but have been following my fathers career in the merchant service , one of his highlights was he was wrecked off the coast of Ireland near the Tuscar rock, he was on the S.S.Sheerness, sailing from Glasgow to Waterford, this was Feb 1927, he was also a boy trainee on the training ship Empress at Rhu, this is where he got his love for the sea, so I know quite a lot about him, and in his obituary it said he was a skipper on lighters , and although we knew he worked on the Puffers I now think that is what is implied , we don't know much about his time on the Puffers , we know one of them the Norman went to Hallidays of Bute , but is there any way I can find the crews of a puffer , would he still have worked under his merchant number , which I know , can anybody put me in the right direction

alasdairmac

Puffer Crew info

Post by alasdairmac » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Try the CLIP crew list database (I can’t remember it’s URL off hand so google it) It’s not complete but it is free and fairly easy to use. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “GENEALOGY / RESEARCH”