Dalmuir

A place for any requests for help and information in tracing relatives, ships, etc
mcmahos
Site Admin

Dalmuir

Post by mcmahos » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:59 am

I've had a request from someone looking for a photo of the Dalmuir which was built by Beardmore as Yd No. 481 and scrapped in Essex in 1960.

The chap worked in the oil industry in the 1950s delivering marine bunkers to ships in the London River and docks and he had two tankers to cover this area - one of which was DALMUIR a refitted Clyde sludge boat. He recalls that DALMUIR was an unusual vessel with an open bridge and a man-high steering wheel and some nice joinery.
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

Doxford Diesel

Re: Dalmuir

Post by Doxford Diesel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Couple of pics together with some details at this site: http://www.aukevisser.nl/uk/id273.htm.

mcmahos
Site Admin

Re: Dalmuir

Post by mcmahos » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Thanks for that link - I'll pass it on.
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

Return to “GENEALOGY / RESEARCH”