Charles Livingston 1920 - Examination Vessel

User avatar
Woody
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Charles Livingston 1920 - Examination Vessel

Post by Woody » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Charles Livingston
Examination Vessel
Launched by Ferguson Shipbuilders Port Glasgow, Yard No 260, on 15/12/1920 as a Pilot Tender for the Mersey Docks & Harbour Board, Liverpool. Pilot No 1. Deleted in 1960
434 grt
144.9 ft x 27.7 ft
Single screw. Steam TE

Completed in June 1921
30/7/1940 requisitioned by the Admiralty for use as an Examination Vessel
16/12/1941 Returned
1950 to L.Truberg, Puerto Cortes and renamed AURA
1953 to W.A.Shaw, Halifax
1957 to Tampa Shipping Co., Bridgetown Barbados

Seen here as a mercantile, Pilot No 1
Image from Alan Hughes
Attachments
Charles Livingston.jpg

Return to “RN Warships and Auxiliaries built on the Clyde”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests