Zaria 1903 HMS - Base Ship

User avatar
Woody
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Zaria 1903 HMS - Base Ship

Post by Woody » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:57 pm

HMS Zaria
Depot and Base Ship - Y9.22
Launched by Clyde Shipbuilding Company Port Glasgow, Yard No 257, on 21/12/1903 as a Passenger Cargo Vessel for the British & African SN Co. (Elder, Dempster & Co), Liverpool. Arrived for Scrapping at Stavanger 3/12/1927
4878 grt
350.6 ft (as launched) x 48.5 ft
Single screw, steam, 13 Knots

Completed in March 1904
1910 length increased with tonnage now 4878grt
26/11/1914 requisitioned by the Admiralty as a store ship under RFA control
1915 converted into an Auxiliary Patrol Depot Ship and commissioned as the Base ship at Longhope, Orkney. Command for minesweeping trawlers in the 4th and 5th Fast Sweeping Flotillas
30/7/1919 Returned

Seen here as a mercantile
Attachments
C1.jpg

Return to “RN Warships and Auxiliaries built on the Clyde”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests