METINDA IV

yorkieman
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:41 am
Location: Cottingham, Hull
Contact:

METINDA IV

Post by yorkieman » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:08 pm

In 1948-1949 prior to renaming to FLYING KESTREL
METINDAIV1943.jpg
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

User avatar
Bill Harvey
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: METINDA IV

Post by Bill Harvey » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:12 am

METINDA IV / FLYING KESTREL (4) (1948 - 1969)
O.N. 169280. 244g. 106.7 x 26.7 x 11.6 feet.
T.3-cyl. (16", 26" & 43" x 30") engine by Charles D. Holmes & Company Ltd., Hull. 1,000ihp.
9.3.1943: Launched as EMPIRE MASCOT by Henry Scarr Ltd., Hessle (Yard No. S. 430) for the Ministry of War Transport, London.
19.5.1943: Completed. (C. Rowbotham & Sons, appointed as managers).
27.7.1946: Sold to Metal Industries Ltd. (T. McKenzie C.B., C.B.E., manager) and renamed METINDA IV.
1947: Metal Industries (Salvage) Ltd. appointed as managers.
1948: Purchased by the Alexandra Towing Company Ltd.
1949: Renamed FLYING KESTREL.
18.3.1969: Delivered by MUMBLES (291g./69) to Haulbowline Industries Ltd., Passage West, Cork for demolition.

Post Reply

Return to “Alexandra Towing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests